Does Utopia await Saturday evening?
Will you volunteer as tribute in our Dystopia?
Let’s find out.
Performances of all kinds can be brought before the BayCon audience and judges. Time limit is ten minutes or less. Rules and regulations can be found here.
The presentation must be suitable for an audience of all ages, lest you be sent away. Your request to perform must be received by April 30th. Requests for exceptions can be forwarded to the Office of Variety at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions should also be sent to email@example.com.
Does the leadership still allow singing?
Can we watch dancing and survive?
What about dramatic presentations protesting the government?
Tempt fate, try magic on stage.
Baycon’s Masquerade will be returning for 2017!
Have you got a costume that you’ve worked tirelessly on that needs exposure? Getting a masquerade costume ready for San Diego Comic Con or WesterCon and need some feedback? Come enter the 2017 Baycon masquerade.
Divisions of competition are:
- Novice – Beginning costumers and children, purchased and mildly altered costumes.
- Journeyman – Intermediate level costumers, partially purchased and heavily altered or handmade costumes.
- Mastercraft – Advanced level costumers, no purchased costumes, unusual mediums.
- All Masquerade participants will receive a Participation Award.
- Best Novice will receive a small crafters gift basket (contents TBA).
- Best Journeyman will receive a small crafters gift basket (contents TBA).
- Best Master Crafter will receive a small crafters gift basket (contents TBA).
- Best in Show will receive two BayCon 2018 memberships.
Masquerade questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org